Dental veneers are incredibly thin, individualized shells composed of porcelain or composite resin that are applied to the front of teeth to enhance their aesthetics. They are a well-liked process in cosmetic dentistry that may fix a variety of dental issues, such as discolouration, chipping, and misalignment.
Porcelain and composite resin are the two main materials used to make dental veneers near you. Veneers made of porcelain are preferred by individuals looking for a long-lasting solution since they are more robust and stain-resistant. Composite resin veneers are an appealing alternative for people looking for a cheaper solution since they are less costly and may be finished in just one visit.
Dental veneer application typically the following steps:
- Consultation: To find out if dental veneers are the best option for you, the first step is to book a consultation with a dentist. During this appointment, the dentist near you will inspect your teeth, take X-rays, and talk to you about your objectives and concerns.
- Preparation: The next step is preparing the teeth if it has been decided that veneers are a good option. A tiny portion of the tooth’s surface enamel must be removed in order to do this, which is often carried out while receiving a local anesthetic. This allows for the placement of the veneers without giving your teeth an overly bulky appearance.
- Impressions: The dentist will make an imprint on your teeth after cleaning them in order to make a mold. Your personalized veneers will be created at a dental laboratory using this information.
- Temporary veneers: While the permanent ones are being created, temporary veneers may occasionally be applied to the teeth. The temporary veneers guard the teeth and aid in your acclimation to the veneers’ appearance and feel.
- Placement: The dentist will evaluate the fit and color of the permanent veneers to make sure they match your natural teeth. The dentist will next polish and clean the teeth, etch the surface of the teeth to aid in the veneers’ adhesion, and place the veneers using a specialized cement. Following a cautious application of the veneers to your teeth, the cement is hardened using a specialized light.
Depending on the kind of veneers being used, the entire dental veneer procedure normally requires two to three sessions. The end product is a stunning and realistic-looking smile that, with appropriate maintenance, may last for many years.
Pros & Cons
- Improved appearance: By addressing problems including discolouration, chipping, gaps, and misalignment, dental veneers may completely change the way your teeth appear.
- Durability: Veneers may last up to 10-15 years with appropriate maintenance because they are constructed of strong materials like porcelain or composite resin.
- Customizable: Veneers may be made in order to match the size, color, and form of your natural teeth, giving you a natural-looking finish.
- Minimally invasive: minimal tooth structure is removed during the placement of veneers, making it a comparatively non-invasive treatment.
- Cost: Veneers can be costly, and insurance may not cover the expense.
- Irreversible: Removing a tiny amount of enamel from your teeth in order to receive veneers is irreversible and might increase the sensitivity of your teeth.
- Potential for damage: Even though veneers are strong, if not taken care of correctly, they still run the risk of breaking or chipping.
- Maintenance: Veneers need normal care, such as daily brushing and flossing as well as regular dental examinations.
Veneers at City Square Dental Center
Transform your smile with dental veneers in Vancouver at our local dental office! Our skilled, welcoming team uses the latest technology and materials to provide customized treatments that will enhance the appearance of your smile.
Don’t let dental imperfections hold you back any longer! Schedule a consultation with our dentist in Vancouver today and discover the transformative power of dental veneers!